1211 E. Denny Way #111
Seattle, WA 98122
Maybe you didn’t get the whole conversation
from your OWN parents.
Maybe you worry your kids are more tech-savvy than you….
Maybe you want to be having “The Talk”, but just don’t know how….
Let me use my two decades of experience working with t/weens to give you the information you need to connect with your child/ren & help them make informed decisions and have the tools to go at sexuality, growing up and relationships with a sense of confidence and seriousness - having fun along the way, while doing as little harm to themselves and their peers as possible.
Words like “Media”, "Privacy", “Safety”, “Porn” and even “Sex” have different meanings than they did a generation ago...
“Friend” is now a verb.
“Oral” is now a noun.
The adjectives around identity seem limitless...
- Your child is likely already engaged in some form of screen use.*
- If your kid is over 13, it is probably social media.*-
- One third of your kids argue with you daily about their screen time.*
- Over 30% of you have zero rules about their media use.*
- Somewhere around 300,000 of you may become grandparents before your child graduates from high school.*
- Approximately half of your kids are already sexually active in some way.*
- A quarter of those children of have gotten an STI.*
- 33% of your children received a message from an online predator last year.*
- 1 out of every 3 of your kids has sent a nude picture over media lines.*
- Only 48% of your offspring identify as "exclusively heterosexual".
- If your kid does identify as LGBT or Q, 1 out of 10 of them has missed school in the last month because they did not feel safe.*
- and 40% of them have considered self harm.*
Facts on American Teens' Sexual and Reproductive Health. Guttmacher Institute.
U.S. Teen Sexual Activity. Kaiser Family Foundation.
Youth Internet Safety Survey. Internet Crimes Against Children.
Sex and Tech: Results From a Survey of Teens and Young Adults. The National Campaign To Prevent Teen and Unplanned Pregnancy.
Mobile Screentime CommonSenseMedia
Facts About Suicide the Trevor Project